The new QoL update has removed the favorited groups in the friends list section. They have added a custom users grouping but it is only view-able by the person whom created the list.
The reason this isn't all that great is because, some of us are in large clans in gaming.
We used the favorite groups to add new players to the clan chat and everyone can view eachother and invite one another to chats, etc.
I have over 400 friends because i stream. I now have to add each one individually because you cannot type in someones name while creating a new custom list, you must scroll down and add each one from there.
Biggest thing is, as a clan leader, I like to create these groups so that newer people can interact and quickly invite all the clan members so they can get together more easily. Now I cant control this. Everyone now must create their own and go through the whole adding each individual member to their friendslist as well.
I don't think custom user list are bad, but they should have kept the favorited groups one as well.
That or have the option to add people from communities to chats more easily. as it sits now, you need to scroll and click view profile individually to send a chat invite. While these things aren't too troubling for most.
Anyone with groups like clans with over 20 people will start seeing how annoying this is and how much unnecessary trouble it is for new members and clan members to add each other and create their own custom lists.
For me, this QoL update has actually made things harder than making things easier. ironically enough.
That is basically it. I just wanted to bring attention to this. Maybe someone has a better solution or maybe they can add this feature back.
No comments:
Post a Comment