anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Anybody else getting weird messages from blank accounts?

So, yesterday I received a message from someone I don't know saying "Hey, what's up?". I asked if I knew them, because I've had it in the past where people have added me from forums etc.

But then the person replied "I got your name from a profile search on this PSN app, and I'm looking for new people to talk to. How old are you?"

So naturally, I called bullshit, and they just sent the same message again.

Checking their profile, they've apparently got no friends, and haven't played any games. So I feel this is some sort of phishing scam or something?

Figured I'd ask here if anyone's had something similar happen. I'm gonna block 'em anyway, and see if there's a way to report potentially malicious stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...