anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 24, 2017

HDMI Issues with Launch PS4

For the past few months, my PS4 has had HDMI issues. When I hooked it up to my Pelican overseas, occasionally the picture would black out or flicker, but it was more of an occasional annoyance than a hindrance.

Now that I'm back stateside, I either travel with it in my bag or leave it at home, and the HDMI reliability became worse and worse to the point that when I turn my PS4 on, there's no audio or video anymore. I've changed ports on the TV and two new cables, but nothing works. I turn my TV's "Input" mode on and it shows that the port for HDMI 2, HDMI 3, etc (whichever I have the PS4 plugged into) is on, but it doesn't say "PlayStation 4 Connected" like it used to.

I'm not sure what caused it and other than being in my baggage on flights, I can't imagine what would've happened to it to damage it, but is there a fix for this?

I mean, I don't want to have to replace it but if there's no fix I suppose I have to.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...