anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 17, 2017

PS4 Pro and Downscaling

Hello folks,

I own a 1080p screen and I've been considering to get a PS4 Pro for a while now. Since there is quite good deals on PSN Store right now, I decided to pull the trigger today and spend my summer playing all the exclusive stuff I've missed so far.

But I just stumbled upon some threads about downscaling/supersampling option depends on the developer and is not present in many games and even removed from some games like Last of Us Remastered. To be honest that made me worried a bit since I just want to get the Pro and utilize its power for downscaling and other tidbits. I really don't plan to get a 4K TV anytime soon. Unless I can start gaming on a 4K screen with high frame rates/ refresh rates on my PC.

At E3 I saw Mark Cerny talking about the downscaling capability of the Pro but looks like it's just a lazy marketing to counter Microsoft's hardware level downscaling and not the truth. So what's the current situation? Is Sony planning to make downscaling a hardware level feature that doesn't require lazy ass developers' involvement? Or they are still silent about it?

I couldn't find any statement regarding this issue and if Sony is again upto ruin a decent hardware, I'm not putting my money on it and two consoles worth games.

What's your opinion on all this?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...