anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Dolby Atmos playback on PS4

So I have been fighting with my Ps4 pro for the whole day now. My setup is such: - Onkyo nr-646 receiver, capable of decoding Dolby Atmos - Plex installed on synology dsplay416, dlna enabled - file with TrueHD encoded 7.1 Atmos track

All I want is for the PS4 to passthrough/bitstream the audio track to my receiver and let it do its job. It is annoying me to no end that I cannot achieve this.

I have tried playing the file with Plex and Media Center apps and neither can handle the task. Plex always wants to transcode the stream to something else, and Media Center playback stutters because it has trouble decoding it. I have tried setting the PS4 audio output from LPCM to Dolby Bitstream but the media players don't catch on to it. Why can't they just take the audio stream and pass it onto the receiver where it can be properly decoded?

Also, how do you play movies with TrueHD/Atmos tracks over a media server? I am without ideas now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...