anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, July 21, 2017

Game suggestions for a family member with a recent brain injury

So I'm wondering if you guys and gals could help me with a request from my Sister in law. She is currently recovering from a very hard concussion and it has affected her brain's ability to notice/alert her of potential issues. She is having moments where she is putting herself in harms way without noticing it until after. Something that is freaking her out as she doesn't mean to.

So I thought it would be great for her to play games that require her to think through puzzles/missions that can be redone over and over to make her think of potential issues that could come up. Allowing her to fail at something then redo it to learn from it. Almost rebuilding her unconscious brains ability to notice threats without the conscious brain's notice as her doctor has stated. From her research, I guess there is some research into video games assisting in rehabilitation of more severe brain injuries. Specifically rebuilding/repairing functions of the brain potentially lost in the injury. She is looking for coop games that both her and my brother could play that require some thinking/ tactics to it. Something that might be easy to redo a section of the game.

I mostly game on PC so I am kind of lost at what is going on in the Playstation world and wondered if you guys know of any games I could suggest for her. I have suggested RB6: Siege since early levels can be done over and over, which ease. Also the game requires you to think about every action before going into a room instead of going in guns blazing. I was also thinking the division but that might be too much. I'm even thinking siege might be too much too. Any ideas? I'm thinking platforms/ some shooters might be the best but if you have anything else, that would be much appreciated. She does have some gaming experience but mostly casual.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...