anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, July 14, 2017

I hope more games will follow suit and have demos in the future

Since we're getting a demo for both The Surge and Mass Effect Andromeda soon, I thought this a good time to talk about this.

It's never been an industry standard to have a demo for every game, but the amount of demos on the PS4 is still way below the normal margin.

I've had several occasions where I thought a game looked good, bought it, and couldn't get into it at all.

Having even a short, 10-minute demo available for a game gives players the chance to try it out before they buy it.

From a developer standpoint, I think that a demo can be the most convincing thing to make players want to buy your game. If a game is good and you let me play 10 minutes of it, I will almost certainly want to purchase the full product afterwards.

From a consumer standpoint, it's obvious that being able to try out a product that you'll be paying more than 50$ for is pretty awesome.

I hope some developers or publishers follow suit in the future and give us demos of their games.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...