anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

I'm liking Horizon: Zero Dawn so far, but there has been one thing that bothers me a lot about this game.

Horizon: Zero Dawn had an unexpected but very annoying issue for me.

A portion of the VA cast talk in a speaking style and accent, as if they're from North America, and not a wild world like Horizon's. It's surprising because you can tell a lot of care and hard work was put in by the devs in making the world feel original and its own thing.

Yet when Aloy's VA (more than) sometimes makes her speaking mannerism come off like a hip teenager and not of an outcast huntress who has lived in the wilderness; it kinda breaks the immersion. I'm surprised by the callous attitude which undoes those devs effort. Why would you not take a basic care to at least keep in character and world all the time, in a AAA game?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...