anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, July 7, 2017

Navigating to HDCP on 4.71 (no picture)

Bone-headedly removed the HDMI cable from another powered console to my already powered PS4 and, surprise, I get a very intermittent signal with no picture. The TV is a heap with a lost remote so no way to hard reset as far as I know (and I looked pretty hard for documentation). I've tried both HDMI cables plugged in to the TV and though both work with the other console, I still get no picture on the PS4. I can still get sound through headphones on the DS4 so I was thinking I can go to the menu and try to troubleshoot without moving everything between me and the back of the TV which is something I'd prefer to avoid (besides, I'd have to connect to another TV which is beyond my means at the moment).

I figure disabling HDCP is the first thing I should try so if someone could take screenshots/photos or direct me on directional presses from account log-in to HDCP I'd be very grateful. I'd also appreciate input on other things I should try before asking Sony about my warranty.

Just to be clear, I've already tried other cables and power cycled the TV and the PS4. I even tried the PS4 recovery mode, but nothing shows up. I'm more willing to believe the ancient TV is at fault, but it's all I got right now, y'know?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...