anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Need 4K TV? Today only – Woot offering perfect 55" 4K HDR10 TV for PS4 Pro, details inside ($349.99 + $5 shipping)

Saddle up, punks. Pour some whiskey and prepare to get smacked with some knowledge.

Long story short, my 47" 1080p LG TV doesn't screw with this impending 4K goodness, so Old Reliable's got to go. Since I occasionally see "what PS4 Pro gaming TV should I buy for $400, 500, 800, etc?" posts like a termite infestation in the shape of a throbbing middle finger, pull up a goddamn seat because this shit is about to get real.

You want a kick-ass TV? Fuck yeah you want a kick-ass TV.

Can you buy it today?

Then hold onto your butts because I'm 99% sure this is exactly what you need:


But oh shit Katz, why even bother? A few reasons, butt-punch:

  • 50/55 glorious inches, unless you'll this electronic bastion of divine intervention about as close to your eyes as your knock-off Ray-Bans, is the "well smack my ass, jumping to 4K is super fucking worth it" bar for a lot of throwdown tech experts – YMMV

  • 4K is the tits. 4K HDR is the tits on steroids with a goddamn American Eagle screeching overhead. Basically any reviewer worth their salt thinks solid HDR is divine goddamn intervention for your picture quality. In layman's terms, it's the difference between watching three hours of Keanu Reeves cage-match curb-stomping the entire userbase of Tumblr on theatrical release, or seeing him do it in goddamn IMAX with God Himself as your audience copilot.

  • There's not just one 4K HDR type; there's two (Dolby Vision vs HDR10) because of course there fucking are. Scorpio/Xbox One S and PS4 Pro have confirmed that HDR10 is that 10/10 slavic girl way out of their league that they're taking home for the night, every night. That means, buy a HDR Dolby Vision TV, and you'll see stupid crap like this, meaning possibly no real 4K on everything from NetFlix to, you know, actual gaming...

  • But guess what, whoa bruh, Vizio just ran up to the ring with a chair made of firmware updates, and now this set is HDR10 compliant because they are serious bros. Buy this set, and you are officially Xbox gaming futureproofed. Just to say it the 2017 E-Series is NOT HDR10 compliant on the 43" and 50" models, so this is literally the smallest one in the model line that will fit that need. But if you're reading along and amped to throw down a car note on the literally best purchasable TV of 7/1/17, then you ain't dipsticking on those models anyway


Okay sure, but how about this other TV over he–

Listen here, punk. I've just spent the last two hours going Liam Neeson on the inventories of Slickdeals, Deals.Kinja, Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc like they took my goddamn daughter. Turns out that Woot has the exact gaming TV for my future Xbox One S at almost exactly my "well crap I guess I have to buy this right now" budget. I just loaded up the chamber on a Desert Eagle and pulled the trigger on that Woot processing page with .50 caliber credit card payment, just like Motörhead would have wanted. RIP Lemmy

If you've got $350 spare or are still looking, I cannot possibly goddamn recommend this beautiful goddamn $350 Playstation-humping television any harder

Alright taint-wipes, you've got 17 hours unless supplies run out.

Good luck and godspeed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...