anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, July 28, 2017

PS4 won't turn on (No light, No Sounds). Advice?

(TLDR at bottom) So my PS4 (From launch '13.11/15) was in rest mode plugged into surge protector during a storm the other day when the power went out. I tried turning it on last night and it won't power on or make a noise. My TV and DirecTV box we're also plugged into the surge protector, but they are fine.

I've tried: 1. Unplugging it for 10+ minutes, plugging it back in. 2. Using PS3 cable. 3. Plugging into other power source. 4. Cleaning the dust. 5. Banging on it (internet suggestions).

I talked in an online chat with PS4 Service but they said I'll need to send it in for service which will be $107.

So I have that option (my overwatch disc is still stuck in system) or buy a new PS4. Neither option is ideal (my wife is having our first child in 5 weeks, so she isn't thrilled about me spending a lot of money on this). Do you guys have any thoughts? Would GameStop give me any trade in value for a bricked system? I have 2 controllers I don't use and some games (HZD, Overwatch, BO3, Destiny) that I would be willing to trade in as well.

TLDR: My PS4 System is Bricked. Is it worth sending it in for service ($107), or buying a new one ($250-$400 depending on slim or pro). First baby due in 5 weeks and wife wants to be frugal. Is their any trade-in value for bricked (and some games) towards new system?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...