anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Pyre is gorgeous and engrossing and anyone who likes rpgs should play it.

This game may sneak by people who are playing something else or more accustomed to triple A games, but this is seriously one of the best games I've played on playstation. If you played/liked transistor then you're really in for a treat, and if you didn't, Pyre is Super Giant's best game to date and a fantastic place to jump aboard. This small team develops games like no one else in the industry imo, so fascinatingly unique and absorbing. The art style is absolutely bonkers, the story is woven and complex with a diverse array of characters, and the gameplay hook (a sort of sports-inspired duel) is much deeper than first meets the eye. The game plays a bit like a visual novel, but heavily interspersed with very skill driven gameplay. Lots of decisions, and forks in the plot. Sort of like a fantasy Oregon trail.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...