anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Safe Mode Death Loop

Hi all,

I've had my ps4 for about a year and a half now. This morning I experienced the dreaded safe mode death loop (SMDL) for the first time. Which was entirely my fault; quickly unplugging the surge protector it was connected to from the wall to while re-arranging bedroom.

After watching various youtube videos & reading reddit posts, I decided to take the risk of option 4 (restore default settings). I emphasize "risk" because some people said this wiped their hard drive/had to re-download all of their games & data. Well, from what I read the only other option was to "initialize ps4" (option 6 from safe mode) which would guarantee that I would have to re-download everything. So I took the former.

Option 4 worked for me. I just had to set-up my ps4 again with the basic time zone & language settings. Then I had to sign back into psn but all of my games were still there. I also had to re apply my background theme but everything was back to normal. It was very nerve wracking because I had no idea what was going to happen. But I am happy to say that after maybe 10-15 minuets everything was back to normal.

I Hope this helps someone out in the future, as this was my experience. However, like I had mentioned, from what I read on youtube comments this option 4 caused some people to lose their data. I can say first hand I did not have to re-download anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...