anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2017

[Spoilers] PSA: Mr. Shifty is a terrible port.

So, I was just about to roll end credits on Mr. Shifty when the game froze as soon as I beat the final boss. This was just the icing on the cake for how bad this port is. The entirety of my roughly 5 hours of play was riddled with slow downs, disappering objects, visible seams on the outside walls, and more.

This port appears to have been made by TinyBuild Games. They've got a bad track record with me at least because another game I own that they're responsible for is ClusterTruck. Since it's release on September 26, 2016 it has not had a single update. This is a problem for 2 reasons, there is no option for button remapping (which can be fixed with the accessibility options on ps4) and no ability to invert the y axis (which currently has no fix). The pc version of this game has tons of new features whereas the console version is missing basic functions. I've owned this game since release and can't even play it.

I wouldn't have made this post had this not locked up in the final moments, but seeing the TinyBuild logo again once I booted the game back up and discovering that I was going to have to redo the entire final level just broke me. This is not an acceptable port and I hope any of you who were interested stay away until these problems are fixed. TinyBuild is also involved in Superhot so I hope this isn't going to be a trifecta of shit ports once the 21st rolls around.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...