anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Tomb Raider didn't do enough to separate itself from feeling like you're playing a bland Uncharted

I've been a Tomb Raider fan since somewhere in mid-playstation era where Tomb Raider 2 was one of the coolest games you could get your hands on. The sounds, the looks, the traversing, it was just a fun yet hard to control romp.

Uncharted felt like a nice passing of the torch. You're doing the same stuff where the controls are just much easier and instead of levers - you're getting explosions to open new paths.

However, these Tomb Raider games and so far with 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' it feels like you're going through an Uncharted game. I feel the gameplay is great, there are a lot more options in what you can do with your weapons and abilities - the problem is that it all feels pointless.

Everything is so beautiful in this game, but there hasn't been a big set piece that has wow'd me. Enemy encounters feel predictable and boring. While playing through this game, I don't really feel the need to keep going, but I do just because it's a game and that's just what you do - rather than there being an interesting story woven in through it.

I'm not even a huge Uncharted fan - I played through them mostly because I really liked the characters and the sound effects in Multiplayer (in 2 specifically) that really won me over.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...