anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Until Dawn is the most fun I've had playing a video game with friends in a very very long time.

Gonna keep this spoiler free - just want to sing some praise about this game.

Until Dawn was a game I always thought would maybe be fun to play one day but was never serious about actually playing it. I'd heard quite a few good things about it but the mechanics of it just turned me off and I'm not a big horror movie fan.

A few months ago I bought it on some Prime deal just to have it in my catalog and until last week, never even took the wrapping off.

So last week my new roommate saw I had the game, said basically the same thing I've felt about the game, and we just decided to finally check it out - Saturday night with nothing to do.

Cut to about 1:30am and we are huddled around the TV screaming at everything that happens, cursing every character's name, discussing all our conspiracies about what could actually be happening, consistently intrigued and overall having an amazingly fun time. This past week we'd race home from work to load it up and see what would happen next. We were so immersed and enthralled by this game it completely took over our gaming lives.

The story is excellent, the characters are extremely well portrayed - amazing acting, and the setting is unsettling as hell and often down right scary as shit.

I'm a big single player narrative heavy gamer where it's just me and I can be in my gaming zone (gaming has always been a me-time activity). But I have to say, this was easily one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Sharing this adventure with other people, working together to get through everything, discussing the story, it was fantastic and now all I want is more of this experience.

TL;DR - If you haven't played Until Dawn, grab some friends, wait till it's dark, and play through a fantastic experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...