anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, July 21, 2017

Using an External HDD for more Storage

I recently bought an external hardrive to increase the memory of my PS4. Now I have the launch version of the PS4, which has 500 GB of memory in the system itself, but much of that is quickly eaten up by software updates and digital copies of games. I bought a HDD to increase the storage space on my PlayStation and couldn't be happier

I thought I'd post this so that someone who is on the fence about purchasing more storage can at least see why I like the HDD option.

I bought a 2TB hardrive, and all I had to do was plug it into my PlayStation and download away. I found this awesome because I am buying more games digitally than ever before, and 2TB is more than enough space for the amount of games I play at one time. The downside is that it might increase load times (personally I have not noticed a difference at all), and I am not sure how it affects online games. It also takes time to transfer games from the console to external storage.

Increasing your memory by switching the internal hardrive is also an option, but I found this to be more cost-effective and convenient. Plus it really isn't that hard to take with you if you want to bring your games over to a friend's house.

To sum it up, I am happy with the External HDD support that the PS4 has, and recommend getting one yourself if you horde games like myself. There are plenty of options for all price ranges out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...