anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, July 7, 2017

Very happy with this console generation's game variety

So previous generation there was only one decent space game that I found for the 360 and I didn't even end up finishing it because it wasn't exactly the type of game I like.

Now though, with the release of Elite Dangerous and No Man's Sky, I'm very impressed. Space games are amongst my favorites and they are usually limited to the PC scene which I'm not really part; consoles have become my primary gaming medium for various reasons. Elite Dangerous is a full blown space sim - I never could have imagined it would be ported over, or work with a controller, but it does and quite well I might add.

Not to mention the plethora of GOOD indie games. On the 360, you were lucky to find anything half-decent that wasn't AAA. Now I am tripping on very good indie games that are ported from PC and their success on Steam because they actually have a market on the PS4 and I'm guessing it's easy for devs to port them over (or easier than previous gen consoles).

Anyone else really happy with the variety this gen? If so, what do you find has improved?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...