anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, July 14, 2017

What are your most favorite emotionally powerful and sad games you played and why?

Hello /r/PS4! As I was making my video on emotionally powerful video games people should play, I wanted to ask /r/PS4 what is your favorite emotional powerful video game? After lurking on /r/PS4 for a while, I want to start being active and also discover new emotionally story driven games to play as well be it on any console! Here is the 2 minute video I made relevant to this topic if you want to watch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdMvEZ4Tanw

For me, one of my most favorite video games that is emotionally powerful and sad has to be Final Fantasy XV. So, why is this my favorite emotional video game? Simply, it's because of it's brotherhood theme and also how long I waited for the game!

On to the brotherhood aspect of the game and why it makes this game so emotionally powerful for me Throughout the game, we are on a journey with Noctis and his friends Gladious, Ignis, and Prompto. What makes the brotherhood aspect so emotionally powerful to me is how it all comes together in the end and why the game director wanted to emphasize the brotherhood theme. (which I will not spoil). You the player, which is Noctis, goes on a journey with your three pals making memories together, going on car rides together, and talking about random things on the way. By doing this, the game is trying to make you, the player, have a connection with the characters and make you feel like you are part of them. It really makes you care what is going on in the game and know more about these characters on Noctis's journey. As you progress through the story, you see the challenges and sacrifices they go through in their journey to help Prince Noctis get to his objective. When you see these characters go through something, you can feel some kind of emotion because the game made you have a connection with these players which makes it more powerful. The music as well gives this game a even more emotional impact because it just fits so well. When something sad happens and that piano soundtrack sounds playing, it gives this game so much more emotion. All in all, Final Fantasy XV is my most emotionally powerful game because of the brotherhood theme and how the game has so much more emotional impact from going on a journey with Noctis's friends from the beginning to the end which symbolizes brotherhood.

So /r/PS4, what is your favorite emotionally powerful and sad game video game? It can be on any console!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...