anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Anyway to use PS4 without controller?

So I'm in a bit of a pickle atm and this would be easily solved if I had any friends that played PS4.

My PS4 controller is not working. I've tried resetting it countless times with the little reset button on the back, taken it apart to make sure everything is still okay and as far as I can tell it's okay. What it does is if plugged in it has an orange light until it gets to the welcome screen and the light shuts off. That's it. Nothing else happens.

I want to get into the console to disconnect all devices and try reconnecting them but can't do this as I can't get past the welcome screen without one.

I've tried using a keyboard but I can't even get past the welcome screen with that which is honestly ridiculous. Pause break is meant to be PS but you can only hold it?

Obviously I wanted to try using the app however that also needs me to get into the console first as far as I know.

Back to the controller again. Could it be a battery issue? I was thinking of replacing the battery with one from my PS3 controller temporarily just to see if I had a faulty battery but if that were the case it should still work when wired to the console right?

I can only assume you guys get a few of these posts a week, but I'm running low on options and would rather not fork out a minimum of $60 for a controller.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...