anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, August 4, 2017

Being connected to WiFi messes up my PS4 and controllers

I really need help cause I'm at my wits end. About 2(?) years ago my controller started to disconnect at random from my PS4, and would not reconnect even with the cable until the console was restarted. I tried literally everything. Resetting the controller, playing with it plugged in, cleaning dust out of the console, nothing worked. This was annoying but I didn't have the money to get a new controller or anything, I just dealt with it. A few months later I realized that it would only happen when the console was connected to the WiFi. So, I simply just turned it off as I don't play online games anyway. I didn't actually solve anything, just tried to ignore it. When the wifi was off, the controller didn't shut down. A couple weeks ago I got a brand new controller, and after a bit I decided to test it and see if the problem was really the old controller. I turn on the wifi on the console and the controller shuts off, refusing to turn back on. This has gotten extremely frequent, to the point where I have to download system updates in 5 minute chunks cause every five minutes the controller will turn off and the console will stop downloading and nothing works until I restart the whole thing. Sometimes I'll turn on the console and the controller will disconnect before I can even select a profile. But this only happens when the WiFi is on! Does anyone have any advice? Is it something with my wifi or is something in the console broken? Any advice you can give would be a huge help.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...