anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, August 4, 2017

Brand new ps4 won't stay on longer than 5 munutes

Just picked up at best buy. Turned it on, did brief system update, and began setting up a new user account and it shut off with no warning. Feels warm on top but not absurdly so.

Tried several more times over about 45 minutes, and it would stay on anywhere between 15 seconds and five minutes.

Unit was dead silent at all times. I've read other threads that say overheating triggers a warning before powering down, and it's been on for about 15 minutes total, so that seems unlikely but possible?

Plan is to return to Best Buy tomorrow and swap it, but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something obvious.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...