anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, August 25, 2017

Connection to wifi issue.

The electrical line was apparently struck by lightning about 3 months ago. Before that I could connect to my wifi no problem. After that happened, someone came and replaced my router which was cooked when the line was struck. Everything seemed to be the same, other devices connect to the wifi like before no problem. The PS4 can connect but it's just the bare minimum to connect, can't play games online at all, can't go to the ps store, can't search the internet, can't do literally anything. I gave up and used my iPhone as a hotspot and my PS4 connects completely fine but it is always NAT type 3 (strict). So my PS4 isn't the issue. A week ago I got really fed up and tried to connect my ps4 to the wifi again, 500KBPS down on the internet test on PS4.... I let it sit on that screen and after 10 minutes tested again. This time it said 10MB download speed, which is normal. So I got excited and downloaded a game I've been waiting to download. I downloaded 16 gigs in like 8 hours which is good enough to play games online. When I try to play games online though, the internet stops working all together. I can't do anything but download updates and games while the PS4 is in rest mode. Soooo, should I purchase a secondary router that connects to my current router via Ethernet cable and possibly coax cable ( current router has coax cable that transfers the internet stuff, sorry not tech savvy), or does anyone have another tip? If I can download 16 gigs in 8 hours using my home wifi, why doesn't the wifi work with literally any other PS4 internet service including online gaming? Sorry for the really long post, I'm just so tired of changing settings and following online tutorials that never work. Thanks in advance for replies I will be actively checking when I can to provide answers to any questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...