anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, August 25, 2017

I think I fried my PS4...

End of power chord came loose in surge protector while I was taking another chord out. PS4 plug began to spark, and then the system shut off. Panic ensues

Unplugged it, waited a minute, then plugged it back in to find that it would not start, but go to a screen saying checking memory status. After a wait, it tells me the PS4 cannot start normally. So I ran it in safe mode, did a restart from there and no dice. Realized that the data on my HDD was most likely corrupted(Internal screaming considering I recently upgraded to my HDD to 2 TBs).

Then I attempted to load the latest software version via USB in safe mode. Another fail after it said that it couldn't read the device or that the latest update wasn't on here. It was. The files were named correctly (PS4- UPDATE- <UPDATEFILE>). I even used this same method/ same USB when I ripped and replaced the HDD.

Lastly, I attempted to perform a fresh install but was unfortunately met with the same error as before.

Looking for some assistance here. Is my system/HDD totally fried?? What can a guy do??



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...