anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Is my PS4 Pro dying... or is it just the games?

Hi guys, fairly worried about my PS4 Pro at the minute. It recently started when my console crashed after episode 1 of Life is Strange and the save became corrupted - first time I’ve ever had a save corrupted. Since then I’ve encountered random crashes here and there - maybe 3 or 4 over the last month? Now I did recently download the 5.0 beta and currently using it and whilst playing No Mans Sky over the last two days, playing in 4K or 1080p the game starts struggling after an hour play where textures are slow loading and frames drop. This also lead to a crash with same code as Life is Strange but luckily it didn’t corrupt the save. I didn’t want to risk it so tried uploading my save to the cloud and it kept failing. I ran the rebuild thing in safe mode which after this it allowed me to upload the save. I left the console alone for a while then turned it off - however it wasn’t powering off instead it had pulsing white light on the front. I held my finger on the power button and after it did the system check once restarted I’m in the process of reverting to the old firmware. I don’t know if this is just bad timing with the choice of games and the beta or if something else is going on? The HDD isn’t the original, I upgraded to a 2tb which has been fine up until now and had the pro on release. What do you guys think and anything I can do? Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...