anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Just played the demo of YS: Lacrimosa Of Dana and I'm thoroughly impressed

I'm pretty much a newcomer in the YS series. Started with Oath In Felghana a few months ago on Vita and got Origin in the last sale, finishing it recently. For the ones who like JRPGs with a gameplay that is extremely demanding from the player (even more if you play in the harder difficulties like Inferno and Nightmare), the game is a treat.

Now, speaking specifically of Lacrimosa, I must say that I'm very happy with what I've seen. The movement in the 3d enviroment (this is the 1st full 3d YS game, right?) is smooth and there are neat movements like rolling and dodging, different skills etc.

Also, different from the ones I've played before, in Lacrimosa of Dana you can play with 3 different characters, but they are all in your party. Since the battles are real time, I got kind of worried about this because I thought it wouldn't be smooth as I'd like, but I really think that Falcom made a great job in letting you changing characters on the go without stopping the flow of the battles.

The boss fights in the series are something to write home about (for me, is the only series so far that can be a rival to Soulsborne in that department), and the one I faced in the demo showed that things are finely tune in this sense.

All in all, I recommend you guys to download the demo and see it for yourselves. I don't know if the ones that like the classic turn-based story heavy JRPGs are going to love YS, but if you give a chance, you may find something special in there for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...