anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 19, 2017

More Games like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, The Last Of Us, Edith Finch etc.?

I'm new to this gen: so far I've only found the above three that tick my very specific boxes.

I like minimal HUD, pretty visuals, but maybe most importantly; smart, mature stories. I like a narrative with a theme (preferably one that's a bit dark like mental illness, or loss, or grief), a bit of grittiness (violence is a bonus, but not essential: see Edith Finch), generally the vibe of a weighty movie in game form.

Just to clarify that it's NOT snobbery or ignorance when I say: don't like RPG's, broadly Japanese styled games, generic FPS, sports games, anything in those ballparks*

So help me out? I really stumbled upon Hellblade and would hate to miss other hidden gems like it.

*going to re-iterate this is -just- because of my personal taste in media. I had a mate at Uni who very passionately explained the scope of the Persona games (very impressive!) and a Brother with many exciting Battlefield 1 stories (sounds like some amazing experiences!). I respect that. And I know how irritating it is when people offhandedly dismiss something you love; trust me that this isn't that. I get why those games are good, just like I'm sure there's amazing songs in genres I don't personally like. The flaw is mine, not the genres', but still I can't help my own taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...