anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Netflix on my PS4 absolutely refuses to stream at any acceptable bitrate.

I've got a PS4 Pro and an LG 49UB8200. Whenever watching stuff, I can click R3 and every show will max out at 420-530 Kbps video bitrates, which is just plain terrible. This has been happening for quite a while, and I'm really at a loss because:

A) The PS4 Pro is hardwired to my network, which is comprised of gigabit fiber service, a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X, and a Neatgear ProSafe GS108E. Every other device on the network has no issues with connectivity or Netflix playback.

B) I've already reset the Netflix app, then deleted/re-downloaded several times with a PS4 reboot in between.

C) Other services on the PS4 such as Hulu and HBONow has zero issues.

D) Changing the playback settings between auto/high in my Netflix account settings on the web has no bearing on the issue.

What gives? Is this some common issue that has a non-obvious solution on the PS4? Any advice of what to try?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...