anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 19, 2017

PS4 disc drive really loud just for DS3?

I just bought a PS4 last week, played my first game digitally with no issues, but today put in a physical disc for DS3 and my PS4 slim got really loud. It sounds like the disc drive is going in overdrive, but it's also doing a sort of start and stop sound as well. The opening cutscene for Dark Souls kept stuttering as well, and sometimes freezing for a few seconds. Once I got into the game it was running really smoothly, but the disc drive still sounded crazy loud.

The only other physical disc I own is Uncharted 4, I tested it out for a few minutes but the PS4 was dead quiet the entire time.

Does this sound like an issue with my PS4, or could this be normal somehow? If it were just the fans I would just assume the game was really demanding, but a loud disc drive seems odd to me.

The disc for DS3 was completely new and clean, I did try cleaning it just incase, but it didn't change anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...