anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, August 11, 2017

Welp, I've given up on long HDMI runs for 4k

I tried the following combos for about a 35 ft run from PS4 Pro to LG 27UD69P-W 27 4K monitor. It works great with the short cable that came with the monitor.

-Older 50 ft Blue Rigger cable High Speed with ethernet (This was I installed for the PS4 1080p run before I upgraded).

New 50 ft Blue Rigger (I thought maybe the old cable was too slow). This only worked 1080p

Monoprice Luxe Series CL3 Active High Speed HDMI Cable, 35ft - No dice with this cable either, ALMOST got an image but constant cut outs (worked with 1080p)

2 20ft Monoprice certified cables connected with a monoprice blackbird 4k HDMI repeater (this had been reported to work for some people). It worked with the cables still coiled together and even stretched out. Then, after running the cable through the basement (no crazy bends or anything) it worked for about 5 mins then cut out and never came back.

So now I have officially given up on getting a long HDMI run and just decided to run an ethernet cable for me needs instead (much easier, duh).

TL;DR: Don't expect to get affordable long 4k HDMI runs with reliability. Seems to really be a crapshoot over 25 feet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...