anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Who's switching to NBA Live '18 this year?

Just curious to see the subs general consensus here. I am sure it is going to wind up that the majority here cannot fathom switching away from NBA 2K because gameplay-wise it does seem to be the better of the two.

I am making the switch this year and I think everyone should consider it despite the less polished gameplay. Here's why:

  • Preorder bonus - You can snag this game for $39.99 (33% off) if you preorder. Yes, some will argue its because the game sucks, but EA is trying to break into the basketball market and this will certainly help get their game in people's hands. I also think for $20 off, this game can now compete with 2K for $60.
  • Create a character stats - The way 2k has messed with the stats for players has really bugged me the last few years. They had made it almost impossible to create a Dirk type stretch 4 or a true all-around player like Lebron at the SF position. NBA Live has a much cooler stat and upgrade system that allows you to totally tailor your players skillset to your playstyle and the type of player you want them to be.
  • Way better play with created character online mode - 2K's online mode for created characters is just a mess. The park is where most people play and its lame street ball with 2v2 or 3v3. I tried playing the 5v5 game mode and almost never got it to work. NBA Live has the street stuff, the 5v5 (and it works), and it also has daily and weekly challenges you can compete cooperatively with your friends on.
  • Competition - This one matters most. 2K has effectively had a monopoly on basketball games for years now. They have been essentially releasing $60 roster updates year after year not fixing issues or really adding anything new of substance. Force them to get better. Take your money over to NBA Live to force the healthy competition - both games will benefit from it.

Yes, the gameplay isn't as polished, but NBA Live does do some things better than 2K does with their basketball game. I am willing to buy this game (for $20 less than 2K) to support an alternate option and hope for improvements due to the increased competition.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I'm very interested in hearing yours!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...