anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Anyone Halo fans go from Xbox One to PS4?

I'm super conflicted right now. I am primarily a PC gamer, but recently have been getting back into consoles - mostly because I'm getting older now and work at a desk/computer all day and the idea of relaxing on a couch after work and gaming with a gamepad on a TV is starting to become appealing.

So, I bought an Xbox One. Why? Because back before I built my first PC, I used to console game a lot (which was High School :P), and at that time I was obsessed with Halo. Halo 1-3 where part of my adolescence and early college days. Some truly great memories, online and offline. So, I picked up Halo: MCC and Halo 5 with this Xbox One.

Sadly, I ended up disliking Halo 5, which seems to have changed so much from the Halo I remember. I really hated it lol. However Halo MCC is excellent. It is incredibly nostalgic to play the old Halos again - something I had been missing since I got rid of my old Xbox/360/PS2/PS3 and only used PC for nearly a decade. I've beaten all the campaigns again and experienced them in 1080, which was excellent.

Great, right? Well.... here is the problem... now that I beat the MCC campaigns, I've been looking through the Xbox Library I am not interested in any other Microsoft exclusive games. Which, I'm also noticing... aren't even truly exclusives... since I can play nearly all of them on PC. Except Halo!!! So.. I am starting to feel that this console was a bad purchase.

Games that currently interest me greatly are Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier: Automata, Uncharted 1-4 (never played any of these). Of course with my luck lol none of these are on Xbox. Further, I'm highly excited for Shadow of the Colossus remake, which is one of my favorite games of all time, and TLOU2! Of course... they are PS4 exclusives too! Nier is on PC, which is cool, but IDK something about playing that kind of game on PC seems odd to me.

Now, obviously the answer is then to trade in or sell my Xbox One, and buy a PS4 so I can play. Here's the issue - no more Halo. Since, for whatever reason (probably xbox console sales), Microsoft will not let Halo MCC be on PC. So, my question is has anyone who is like me i.e. a big oldschool Halo fan, traded their Xbox One for PS4 and been satisfied? Is it worth losing Halo over? Are Bloodborne, HZD, and Uncharted really that good?

The other thing I worry about is the DS4 for shooters. The DS3 was such garbage for aiming, that I never bought any shooters on PS3, missing out on titles like Killzone and Resistance. I MUCH prefer the DS3 for adventure games, 3rd person games, platformers, side scrollers, etc., but the position of the thumbsticks always felt awkward to me. The Xbox controllers were always very nice for shooters because of the thumbstick layout. Any former Xbox players get used to the DS4 and adjust to the thumbs? Is it decent this generation?

Note: I don't have any friends who play on either console, as all my friends play PC only, so that part doesn't matter to me. Of course, I hope to make new friends on console :D.

Sorry for the long post! TLDR: Any old Halo fans regret switching to PS4/are the PS4 exclusives worth losing access to some of my favorite games (Halo 1-3) over?

Edit: Also, is the PS online world better than it used to be? I always felt, at least back then, Xbox Live was worlds better than PS's online network. Have they caught up?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...