anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, September 1, 2017

Console having trouble with some discs. Anybody else experience something similar?

Most games run fine, they install and spin up and update and play fine without error. But I seem to have a few games that just don't cooperate with the system. GtaV was hit or miss before I got rid of it, Fallout4 refuses to start up, Star Wars Battlefront did the same, and now ESO: Morrowind.

The case is the same with every problem disc - it can sit passive and idle in the console, and will update and install without issue, but every time I start the actual game, I get hit with a "cannot read disc" error and the game shuts down and ejects, sometimes instantly, others within 3-4 minutes.

I just really dont understand what would be causing it as it happens with brand new, freshly unsealed copies while older, more worn games work fine. Is it possible I have an issue with the lens or something else internal? Any suggestions or insight is greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...