anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, September 8, 2017

[Help] PS4 keeps freezing, wont start up anymore

I've got a standard launch model PS4 which I've had for maybe 2 and a half years now, its had no problems at all until recently when its kept freezing, not during games but when watching stuff on netflix or in the main menu and then it wont respond or turn off from its main button leaving me no choice but to unplug it (which I shouldn't do I know but otherwise I cant do anything) and then when it starts up, sometimes without me having had to reboot it, it often gives me a 'rebuilding database' notice. This has been frustrating and a bit worrying but fine because it always works again.

Last night however I loaded up netflix, chose a film then went to get some food and when I came back the screen was black, I pressed the PS button on my controller and it went to the main menu except, of course it was frozen and wouldn't respond so I had to unplug it. When I start it up now it says it cant start up and asks me to insert a USB device with the latest system update on it, which I have but even with that done it says 'The update fie cannot be used', I downloaded it direct from the Playstation site and the folders are both in full caps so I just have no idea what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it so any help would be really appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...