anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, September 29, 2017

Need help with PS4 Slim HDD replacement.

Hey guys, so I bought a PS4 Slim back in June this year. The model that I got came with a 500GB HDD. I didn't think I needed to replace the HDD because I initially thought that I wasn't going to be playing that many games. Suffice to say, I was dead wrong.

As of writing this, I've only got 50GB left on my PS4S HDD.

OK. Story time.

Now I've got a 1TB SSHD that I bought a little over a year ago in which I initially used for my 2011 MacBook Pro. I've since replaced that SSHD with an SSD. The problem is that the SSHD is still formatted with macOS. I would like to use that SSHD to install it into the PS4S.

Also, I share the PS4S with my housemate and so he and I both have got separate user accounts for it.

I'll get straight to the point with the questions.

Q1: How do I reformat my 1TB SSHD to the PS4 Software. (with macOS still in it)

Q2: How do I retain/backup game profiles, saved information...etc etc?

*Bonus Question: Is it possible to make things less complicated by just duplicating/cloning the files over to my SSHD and installing it straight away. Only problem with that option is that, I still have no idea how to reformat the SSHD.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...