anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Original ps4 overheating in rest mode

Hi all,

I keep my ps4 in a cabinet under my tv and when i use it I open the door for ventilation and everything works fine. When I'm not using it I put it into rest mode and close the door. Normally this is fine.

Today i was out of the house and got an email about a ps plus game I wanted so i chose to download it remotely so that i could play when i got home. What i didn't realise is that this seemed to turn the thing on.

When i got home, the whole of my living room was hot, the PS4's fan was in overdrive and when i opened the cabinet it was like opening the oven door! The ps4 was so hot I couldn't even touch it.

I got a desk fan and pointed it at the ps4 and after about 15 minutes the fan slowed to it's normal speed, but still on.

The light on the console was pulsing orange but there was nothing on the tv screen.

I am extremely concerned that if i had not come home when i did this could have caused a fire.

I've had the ps4 overheat whilst i was playing before when i had the cabinet closed, and when it did a message came up on the screen saying it was overheating and it powered down by itself. When i opened the cabinet it was warm, but nowhere near as hot as it was today.

Has anyone else experienced this before?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...