anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, September 15, 2017

PlayStation Support for account debt banning corrections is a joke.

So a few weeks ago my debit card # was stolen, my bank said it was probably part of that Equifax hacking. Whatever, banks going to run chargeback.

I called Sony a few days AFTER the bank took all these actions and let them know what was going on, and asked if there was any issues on my account and to put a note down in case something happened. The rep said I was good and all is well.

This morning my account was banned from a chargeback. I call support and they direct me to get a psn prepaid code and submit it to some site. I explained what happened etc.

Well apparently I now will need to wait 1 to 2 business days aka Tuesday, maybe. So, I have to wait for some department to get this code and apply it to my account. Why is it not automated? If it's a pre paid psn code, then easily this could be done instantly. Why can't support do this? Why can't they take your debit card or code on the phone?

It's simply archaic in design and it's not right. I did the right thing by calling in advance to avoid something like this from happening, and it made 0 difference.

~~To Clarify - My PSN was not hacked, nor did someone buy something through my PSN. I have purchases on the PSN. My bank, while running their own checks, tagged a purchase that had been made in a certain window that included things that I did not buy (200$ pre-paid cards in turkey. 6 of those and some other bullshit). Since a purchase that I made on the PSN was disputed, it was automatically flagged my account as being 20 bucks in debt, aka auto ban until it's paid off.

I paid it off, with the pre-paid card like they wanted, but it still is going to take multiple days. And searching online for other people that have had this issue, shows that some have waited weeks sometimes before getting their accounts back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...