anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2017

PS4 constantly drops internet connection

Hoping for some help resolving a PS4 connection issue.

My PS4 (OG 500gb) lately has been dropping internet connection randomly, sometimes it is multiple times within a short period of time.

Only my PS4 looses connection while my other devices like my computer and phone still are connection fine.

Resetting my router fixes this issue temporarily but then 30 mins or few hours later I lose internet again.

I assume this is a DNS issue but I'm no expert. I have contacted my provider and they tell me everything looks fine on there end (of course).

I get DNS errors when it happens but I get several codes

NW-31205-1 NW-31247-7 NW-31246-6

I have looked up a few recent videos about setting a manual DNS but not sure if that's a permanent solution.

I have been thinking of upgrading to a PS4 pro anyways but I don't want to upgrade then have this issue persist there as well.

If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to fix this issue before D2 :)

Edit: wired connection



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...