anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 16, 2017

PS4 overheating and Netflix stuttering

Recently moved home and when I set up my PS4 I noticed that it was running a little hot, and that the Netflix playback was a little jittery (dropped frames every minute or so).

I assumed the two issues were related, so I tried moving the machine to somewhere with better air flow. It is now sat on the top of my tv cabinet with nothing around it to interfere.

The problem continued so I though maybe it just needs a good clean. I took the thing apart right down to the last screw and cleaned it out with compressed air, replaced the thermal paste and put it back together.

It's running a little quieter (although the fan still seems a little over eager), but I'm still having the same issues with Netflix playback.

I'm going to try replacing the thermal paste again tomorrow incase that helps but has anyone had this same issue with Netflix? I'm wondering if maybe the two issues aren't related. I can live with a slightly noisy fan, but not the poor video playback

Couple of notes incase it helps: I've tried different titles on Netflix (same problem) I've tried running Netflix on my PS3 (no problem) Game play seems to be fine, although as always whilst I'm playing anything the PS4 does sound like it's trying to get back to its home planet

Appreciate any guidance and sorry for the wordy post I just wanted to give the full picture



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...