anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2017

PS4 Pro is a bigger upgrade than I though

I got my OG PS4 3 years go and that was a massive jump from my previous XBox 360 (of course that is expected, it's a different generation). Builtin harddrive, builtin Wifi N, builtin gigabit LAN, builtin Bluray drive, the list goes on and on. Needless to say, I have been very happy with my PS4. When Pro came out, I was a little disappointed. No UHD Bluray. Unable to handle native 4K on most games. Old games were not getting a patch. HDR comes to OG PS4 as well. Etc. I was not excited to buy one, unless my PS4 fails.

Well, my PS4 did not fail, but my colleague sold his fairly new PS4 Pro at 1/2 new price, and I decided to take the chance. At that price it's great value, and even if I don't like it, I can still sell it and even make a profit! In the end PS4 Pro is a bigger update than I expected. Of course there was no "Wow" moments as I had with my old PS4. But the subtle changes were surprisingly pleasant. The upgrade to 5Ghz wifi did make the biggest different. I could download about 1MBps before, but it is more than 12MBps now, so game downloads are a breeze. I was lucky enough that my PS4 is cool and quiet. And the games which support Pro, the difference is not day and night, but very noticeable and it's really nice to have.

PS4 Pro is obviously a better PS4, and the upgrade was worth it for me. I can wait for the upcomimg games which are properly optimized for the Pro. Let us hope our beloved PS4 will continue to shine, in years to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...