anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 9, 2017

PS4 random input lag - Need Help!

Hey guys! So I have a launch PS4 which, since a few months ago, is having some crazy and random lag input issues. At first I thought it could be from my connection since I first noticed it playing Battlefield online, but then I realized it was happening with every other game, single player ones as well. So my console is in a bookcase in a corner of my room and I play facing away from it since my desk is facing the opposite wall (photo for reference: http://ift.tt/2wQHUrQ ), and the problem may be the lack of a line of sight between the controller and the console. I find it awkward because I'm not far away from the console at all, and I've tried 4 different controllers now and all of them seem to suffer from the same issue. It also doesn't happen all the time, so it may not be the PS4's fault either, rather some interference with something else, which would be weird as well but could happen. Has anyone had a similar problem before? Any ideas on what I should try to fix it? I already opened the console to check the solder on the Bluetooth chip on the front (there's an ifixit guide showing how this could be an issue and how to repair it) but that's all fine there. Also I've tried unplugging some of my LED strips, since they could somehow be causing interferences with the controllers, and while that seems to lighten the problem for a while, it still keeps happening.
Thanks in advance!

TL;DR: PS4 having intermitent lag issues when not in direct line of sight with the controller, tested 4 controllers so not a faulty controller.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...