anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, September 15, 2017

PS4 Wireless Gold Headset Not Working On PS4 Only

So I have a Wireless gold headset that I tend to switch between my PC and PS4. I haven't used it as much lately, but my SO recently got her PS4 and wanted the headset, but I couldn't get it to play audio. When I plus the dongle in, it recognizes it, as the audio from the TV cuts out as though it swtiched to headphones. However, I don't get any sound.

If I go to settings> Devices> audio devices, volume control is greyed out as though the device is not recognized. If I adjust Microphone level, it plays back when I talk, so I know the speakers are working and it's receiving audio. Furthermore, if I put the dongle back in my PC, it works fine for audio.

I tested it on my own PS4, and I have the same problem I described above with hers. For whatever reason, it doesn't want to work exclusively on PS4s.

For the record, all firmware on both the PS4 and headset are up to date. I'm completely stumped and could use some help.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...