anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Upgraded mono chat mic recs?

I know this has come up over the years, but I'm not sure if there are any recent developments. I was perfectly happy with the official wireless PS3 chat mic and want something similar for the PS4. The pack-in mic doesn't sit well in my ear and has cruddy sound quality. I don't want full headphones - I don't care for headphones in the first place, I have an excellent pair of speakers, and I play in a room where noise doesn't matter. Ideally, I'd like something just like the PS3 wireless chat mic. Barring that, an upgraded version of the wired pack-in mic would be OK. This set from Amazon looked fine, but it didn't work properly. It's been a while since I tested it, but IIRC it worked correctly only if I set all audio to the headset (which is stupid). If I set chat only to the headset, my partners couldn't hear me or something. I can test again if anyone has a clever way to rewire it.

I've googled around a bit on the topic and it seems there have been third-party attempts at something like the old PS3 wireless mic, but they're either hard-to-find or have very sketchy reviews. But there must be something that will work for me, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...