anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 30, 2017

What design genius at Sony thought of this?

The built in video capture function in PS4 is great. It lets people record funny/ interesting moments that happen in game without buying a capture card. But what dumb fuck at Sony was in charge of the controls for this function?

For context (I'm sure you all know this) in order to record something you press the share button on the remote and then square and it will save the last 15 minutes of gameplay. However, if you accidentally hit the share button twice it deletes everything it had recorded thus far.

Seriously, I can't tell you how many times I go to record something and end up with 3 seconds of video recorded because I accidentally hit the share button twice for whatever reason. Maybe I hit it once and it didn't come up immediately so I hit the button again, or I hit share then decide I want to play a little more before recording so I hit the share button again to make the menu go away. In either case the PS4 interprets that as "Oh, delete everything!"

Can this option please be changed to something else that's not so easy to accidentally do? Like put the option to delete everything in the menu that pops up when you press the share button, not hot keyed to pressing share twice. I honestly can't believe someone thought that was a good idea



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...