anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Whatever happened to demo discs?

With magazines that is, a few years ago when it was still the PS3 era, I randomly decided one Friday when it was payday I would get a takeaway some drinks and buy a PS3 mag with a demo disc to look at some games. So I went to buy a copy of UK PlayStation magazine to get the disc only to find they don't have demo discs anymore, the mag was still about £6 as well, which was at that time still more than the rest of them, which almost offended me, I thought to myself "fuck off, nooo, no, obviously I'm not going to pay that for a PlayStation magazine" that's like paying for a prostitute only to find out she hasn't got a fanny.

Yeah I get it you can download demos these days, I'm not a dumb ass, but even with modern broadband, a dual-layered blu-ray is 50gbs, that's also 50gbs on a small disc that isn't taking up space on my hard drive. So I fail to see how they could be completely obsolete.

Suppose it's a similar story as to why I still liked to rent blu-rays over streaming until Blockbuster when bust, because 1. even with HD streaming it's better quality 2 it got me and my mate out the house on a bit of jolly and 3 it was a lot cheaper, almost half the price.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...