anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Best way to connect my PS4 to a 5Ghz Wifi network?

Hi, the apartment complex that I live in has free Wifi that I use. It has a 2.4Ghz network that used to work decent for my PS4, with 2 to 4 MB/s download and upload speed.

But now the speed often dips to a catastrophic 5 KB/s. I think it's because some new neighbours are using the network, since it works okay in odd hours of the day (like in the middle of the night). Playing games four in the morning is not a solution...

However, there is a 5Ghz network with the same prefix, and it works perfectly on my PC with 10 MB/s.

So I wonder if there are any good solutions to this issue? Connecting with an ethernet cable is not an option. Threatening my neighbours is definitely not an option. So I wonder if there are any good adapters or other workarounds to this?



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...