anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Can't Connect To PSN, Help!

Hey guys, I've been having some trouble with my PS4 connecting to PSN the past couple of days. I was able to play Rainbow Six Siege yesterday and part of today, however the connection has gotten worse and worse until I can't do anything. I first noticed yesterday when my ping wouldn't drop below 180ms which was very unusual.

I've called and spoken to PS Support and they seem to be blaming it on my ISP, however I've been able to play PC games, use the web, watch Netflix, and I can even use my PS4 web browser and various non-PSN related things.

I have not changed any settings and the problem seemingly has risen overnight. The only change in my console recently has been an update to For Honor and the new operating system update, which took place about 2-3 days prior to this issue if I'm not mistaken.

I have changed the manual DNS settings, entered safe mode and rebuilt the database [per psn support], and followed all the troubleshooting steps. I've power cycled all devices including my router, and I've disconnected every device except the PS4 and still nothing.

To clarify, I can test my connection and everything is totally fine except it fails to connect to PlayStation network. I was able to play multiplayer games on PC and stream on twitch, and I was able to use the internet on the PS4, but I couldn't reliably join parties, receive invites, view friends, ect. I was able to join a party but it took 7-8 attempts. I was able to connect to destiny 2 servers, but again 7-8 attempts and forget loading anything that required server communication. I read somewhere that logging in and out fixes it, but I logged out and now the connection times out and I'm unable to log back in.

PS4 is about 2 years old, Nathan Drake collection came with it when I got it new for reference. Internet is an unlimited 4G Verizon Jetpack [I know]. I've used the jetpack to play online games for 5 years with no problems, my speed is not throttled yet as I haven't hit the monthly data cap yet. Also no service interruptions in the area, as I said internet is fine, I was able to communicate with ubisoft Rainbow Six servers as well as blizzard servers on PC and play multiplayer no problem.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love you forever, as I've exhausted almost all other options aside from literally reinstalling the operating system, but I really can't download 300Gb worth of games in one sitting due to data caps.

Thanks in advance Reddit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...