anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, October 6, 2017

Complaint about Dark Souls 3: Copious boss fight after boss fight... Where's the exploration?

I know this game is about boss fights- they have been well-designed and rewarding so far. However, I am missing the rest of the game. After Yhorm the Giant I had to fight Sulivan and then there's a bit of exploration, very little though, and very linear, before going on to Aldrich the Devourer.

Then after Aldrich you get to explo- no, you get warped into your next boss fight. After several hours of fighting the Dancer of Boreal, the path opens up. A bit of exploration (a couple of minutes worth) and then you encounter.... yet another boss. This one is a malformed dragon, and while the design is very cool, it lead me to produce a big sigh.

In Dark Souls 2, the areas felt huge and diverging, whereas I've seen one major diverging path in this game, and it's doesn't seem to take me very far outside of pulling a lever in some molten landscape.

I like this game a lot, I get that bosses are the linchpins of this game, but please, without a table, I'd rather not eat the cake.

Am I missing something? Does the exploration come back at a later point? Am I just overestimating the level design? Please let me know your thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...