anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Friday, October 6, 2017

Controller and internet disconnection when streaming.

This has happening for a year or so now. Sometimes, appears to be randomly, when I’m streaming the console seems to disconnect from everything and won’t reconnect.

I’ll be using a streaming service (Sky, NOW TV, All4, BBC iPlayer), it does it with them all, and the playback will abruptly stop, as if appearing to buffer but never restarts.

If I’m using the Sky app it tells me that I have “low bandwidth” although I assume that’s not exactly the case.

The light on the controller will go out when this happens, if the controller is still on. When I try and turn the controller back on, the light flashes white for 10-20 seconds and then stops. The controller doesn’t connect and pressing the keypads does nothing. This happens if the controller is connected with the cable, or is connected wirelessly, it doesn’t make a difference.

The only way I can get the PS4 to work or respond is by holding the power button on the console down until it switches off.

Like I said, it happens if I have strong/fast internet, if the controller is wireless or cable-connected, if there’s a disk inserted or not...etc. Only happens when streaming though, never when gaming.

Can anyone offer help?

Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...