anal-ytics

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Here's an extremely weird situation that happened to me recently, would appreciate any kind of help I can get (related to display settings for the ps4)

So assuming that you read the title, basically what happened was that my tv is "720p HD Ready" Which are basically 720p displays (actually its 1366x768 and not 1280x720) but they also accept signals from 1080p and then downscale it themselves. I've had a Ps4 for about a year and a half and due to multiple reasons haven't been able to get a better display so far, however recently something weird happened, basically I always used to put the display settings to 1080p because the downscale looked better than the upscale from 720p although both look horrible, I had to live with what I had. Yesterday though something weird happened, not sure how I triggered it but I saw a huge change in display quality, the text was a lot "easier" to read and it seemed as if the display was being dowscaled/upscaled alot better than it used to be, i went to the display settings and saw that it had 1080p selected like i had told it to however had a little "(Unsupported)" next to it. Basically for some reason ps4 thought that the resolution was unsupported or something and some how gave a displayed something that looked so much better than what I was used to. I am curious if i can triggerit again because its back to the non 1080p"(unsupported)" and it looks horrible. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED and if i was unclear about something please ask, and thanks for reading through all that



No comments:

Post a Comment

My PSN account was hacked 20 mins ago. What to do?

Bought my PS4 10 days ago. I was playing GT Sport 20 mins ago and my game was suddenly interrupted, paused and I got back to PS4 OS introd...